Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year!
Weclome to the 2018-2019 school year in Rockville Centre. This year, Project Great will be utilizing Pinnacle Cart as our on-line registration and billing service, which offers convenient on-line registration and recurring payments. Pinnacle Cart offers 24-hour registrations, payments and receipts.
Pinnacle Cart requires you to create an account at http://rvccommunityed.mypinnaclecart.com/
- Your first step is completing the registration form for each child in your family.
- Choose and Pay for your package. Choose the number of days you would like to attend and choose the exact days you would like to use. The website is currently set up for recurring payments to eliminate having to worry about making monthly payments
- If you would like to cancel your recurring payment you can do so after registering and paying for the first month.
- It is suggested to keep all emailed confirmations for tax purposes as well as for use with flex spending accounts.
Morning Project Great
- AM Project Great will begin at 7:00 am. Parents MUST escort their child(ren) into the building. Breakfast is served during AM Project Great. Please make Project Great Staff aware of any food allergies or medical concerns your child(ren) may have.
Afternoon Project Great
- PM Project Great has two sessions (3:30-5:00 and 3:30-6:30). Students will receive HW help and snack during the PM Project Great Sessions. Please make Project Great Staff aware of any food allergies or medical concerns your child(ren) may have. Parents must pick up their students NO LATER than 6:30. Late fees will be charged to parents for late pick up ($20 for every 15 minutes).
- Many parents have opted to purchase our “As Needed” 10 packs. As needed packs can be used at morning or afternoon sessions. Packs can be shared within your family and carry over from year to year. Parents MUST give us 24-hour notice to use an “As Needed” day to allow us to be properly staffed.
- Parents need to email Margaret Kevlon at least 24 hours in advance. You should also send in a note to the classroom teacher making them aware that you are using Project Great that day. In case of an emergency, you may call the office and arrange to use “As Needed” Project Great with less than 24 hours’ notice.
Questions and Answers
If I am not registered with Pinnacle Cart, can I use Project Great?
No. You must be registered on Pinnacle Cart to attend Project Great.
Do I need to register for Project Great every year?
Yes. At the start of each year you must register again for the upcoming year.
Do I need to purchase a 10-session package for both children or can I purchase one and split it among the two?
You can purchase one pack and use it for all the children in your family. AM PG and 3:30-5:00 PG count as one “As Needed”. 3:30-6:30 count as two “As Needed” per child.
Who do I notify when I want to use my “As Needed” days?
You need to call or email Margaret at the Community Ed. Office 24 hours in advance for As Needed days. You also need to send in a note to your child(ren) teacher letting them know.
I have “As Needed” carryover days from 2017-2018, What do I need to do?
You need to register your child for Project Great each year. The carryover days will be applied to this year. If you have any question about how many days remain you can contact your school coordinator directly.
Can I change the days of the week that I use if my needs change throughout the year?
Yes. Project Great is designed to be flexible to meet your needs. If you need to make changes, you can call or email the Community Ed. Office.
If my child is out sick, will I get a refund?
Project Great does not refund unused days. Project Great prices are based on the number of days in a school year, NOT THE NUMBER OF DAYS IN A MONTH. It encompasses a yearly service. Sick days are not refunded, however, you may add the day to that week ONLY.
Can I use Project Great on half days if it is not part of my normal schedule?
Yes. As a courtesy, all registered Project Great students may sign up for PG on ½ days.
Please give 24-hour notice if you intend on using the ½ day service, and send your child(ren) with a bagged lunch.
Can I purchase Project Great without using recurring payments?
Yes, you must still register on the Pinnacle Cart website, however payment is due at the beginning of each month and in the form of a check or money order made payable to Rockville Centre School District. Payment can be submitted directly to your home school coordinator or send directly to the Project Great office at South Side High School Room 1307, 140 Shepherd Street, Rockville Centre, NY 11570.
Fax # (516) 393-5254
Director of Project Great
Director of Project Great